Download the app to find best colleges for you.
B-Tech is a four-year undergraduate Course that covers all the domains of Engineering and Technology. The B.Tech course list is available for Candidates in various specializations such as Computer Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, etc. As per BTech eligibility criteria, candidates can pursue a B Tech course after passing Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology. BTech admission is done majorly via engineering entrance exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, WBJEE, COMEDK UGET, etc. However, many colleges offer direct entry based on Class 12 marks. Through B Tech subjects candidates develop the technical skills that can be invested in the core technology and development industry.
B Tech course is available in both online, and offline modes in various institutes in India. Apart from the core engineering field. The B Tech course allows candidates to work in the Information Security, Data Analysis, and Management, Engineering, Banking sectors. Candidates can also apply for jobs in various Public Sector Undertakings like CIL, ONGC, NTPC, etc. India produces more than 10 lakh BTech graduates every year and engineering education in India comprises around 2500 engineering colleges and 1300 polytechnic colleges. Some of the top BTech colleges in India are IIT Delhi, IIT Madras, IIT Kharagpur, BITS Pilani, NIT Trichy, etc. The BTech fees in India are around INR 2,00,000 to 5,00,000 Per Annum on average.
Read the full post to learn about course details, top colleges, salary, career options, scope, entrance process, etc…
Table of Content
- Why Choose B.Tech Degree?
- What is an Online B.Tech Course?
- BTech vs BE vs BCA vs BSc
- Types of B.Tech Degree
- BTech Eligibility Criteria
- BTech Entrance Examination 2024
- List of Popular BTech Specializations
- BTech Admission Process in India 2024
- Direct BTech Admission Process Without Entrance Examinations
- B Tech Fees of Engineering Colleges in India
- BTech Syllabus and Subjects
- BTech Colleges in India based on NIRF Ranking 2023
- Top BTech Colleges Offering Direct Admission in India
- BTech Engineering Colleges by Location
- Career Options For B.Tech Graduates
- B.Tech Scholarships for Engineering Students
- BTech Placements Courses After B Tech Degree
- Other Popular Courses
- FAQs about B Tech
Bachelor of Technology Latest Updates
- BITS Pilan likely to announce BITSAT 2024 exam date this week at bitsadmission.com
- GUJCET 2024 Preponed: GSEB revises exam date to avoid clash with CBSE exams
- WBJEE 2024 exam date has been announced.
- BITSAT 2024 Application Form Expected to be Released in January 2024.
BTech Course Details
A B. Tech degree is seen as a stepping stone into the area of engineering. Candidates willing to pursue a B. Tech course are always advised to check the highlights before proceeding with the other details. A highlight provides an overview of the course. If you are planning to pursue the course, then go through the important B Tech Course Details given below.
|BTech full form
|Bachelor of Technology
|Commonly Known As
|B. Tech Course
|B.Tech Course Duration
|B Tech entry procedure
|Entrance test followed by counselling by the authorities.
|B Tech Entrance Exam
|B Tech Eligibility Criteria
|Should have completed class 10+2 in PCM or PCB from a recognized institute/board
|B Tech Syllabus
|The syllabus depends on B Tech specializations
|B.Tech Course Fees
|INR 5,00,000 to Rs. 12,00,000
|Top B Tech Colleges
|Types of Career
|BTech salary range from INR 5,00,000 to INR 7,00,000
Why Choose B.Tech Degree?
Engineering is one of the dream professions of many Indian students and families. In this regard, several students apply for B Tech courses in various engineering colleges and work hard to achieve them. One of the major reasons why BTech is one of the top bachelor’s degrees is that it offers excellent career opportunities and tremendous.
If you have completed Class 12th and are wondering why you are studying a BTech, then go through the key benefits of studying this course given below.
- B Tech course gives a wide number of options for engineering specializations, which will provide students with a broader scope by providing a wider range of options as well as a greater variety of professions
- Candidates pursuing a B Tech degree are more theoretical and practical since the whole course teaches and forms students with the practical knowledge and theories essential for their particular sectors
- The demand for BTech engineers has always been the boom, as they form the core of the companies while maintaining the upcoming trends in their engineering policies. Engineers’ worth has increased dramatically as a result of the rising population in India and technological advancement. As a result, there are various job opportunities for BTech graduates in various sectors
- The average B Tech salary of an experienced engineer can be as high as INR 40,00,000 Per Annum to INR 50,00,000 Per Annum which can rise to more depending upon the recruiter and candidate’s skills.
What is an Online B.Tech Course?
Completing B Tech degree program through online education platforms is often referred to as an online B Tech degree. This type of program is ideal for students who are interested in technology-related fields such as computer science, information technology, electronics, or mechanical engineering but are unable to attend traditional on-campus classes. The online format offers students the flexibility to study and complete coursework from anywhere with an internet connection. The program typically includes virtual lectures, online assignments, and exams.
BTech vs BE vs BCA vs BSc
Candidates who are willing to pursue BTech are often confused about What is the difference between BE and a B.Tech degree? or What is the difference between BTech and BSc/BCA? To avoid any confusion, we have sketched out a clear distinction between BTech vs BE vs BCA vs BSc for the candidates.
|B.Tech programme is a four-year-long undergraduate degree.
|Bachelor of Engineering is a four-year-long undergraduate degree.
|Bachelor of Science is a three-year-long undergraduate degree.
|Bachelor of Computer Applications is a three-year-long undergraduate degree
|Candidates who are interested in acquiring practical knowledge in core and other subjects as a whole.
|The course equips candidates with the knowledge and skills to perform Industrial tasks easily.
|It is built on science fundamentals and consists of various specialization streams such as physics, and much more.
|Candidates who are inclined towards application-based computer science studies.
|Graduate Engineering Trainee, Software Engineer, Systems and Hardware Engineer, and much more.
|CSE, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechatronics, etc.
|Anesthesiologist, Scientist, Lecturer, Biology Researcher, Research Analyst, etc.
|Software Developer, Database Management Specialist, Network Trainee, etc.
|Average BTech Salary
|INR 3,50,000 - 5,00,000 per Annum
|INR 3,50,000 - 5,00,000 per Annum
|INR 2,50,000 - 3,50,000 per annum
|INR 3,50,000 - 5,00,000 per Annum
BTech Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to pursue BTech are advised to check the BTech Eligibility Criteria before filling out the BTech Application Form so that they do not miss out on anything and regret it at the last minute. The Eligibility Criteria for BTech may vary from institute to institute. We have sketched the Eligibility Criteria for BTech in the pointers below.
- Candidate should have completed 10+2 or equivalent examinations from a recognized educational board like CBSE, ICSE, etc.
- They must belong to the Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates are mandated to score at least 60% marks in aggregate where a relaxation of 5% to 10% is given to the candidates from the reserved categories.
- Those who are interested in the regular mode of entry to the BTech are through the entrances after Class 12th. The other mode is called as Lateral-Entry mode, wherein candidates can enroll in BTech in the second year.
- Those who possess a three-year diploma course in engineering can enroll in BTech under the Lateral-Entry Scheme.
BTech Required Skill-sets
To be a successful engineer, one must be innovative and have exceptional communication skills. There are various skill sets required for a BTech engineer to flourish in their field of matter. The table below highlights some of the skills required for the B Tech course.
Skillset Required for the Course
|Communication skills- verbal or written
|Acquaintance with computers and IT
|Familiarity with industry standards
|Knowledge of the core subject
|Application of the knowledge
|Analytical and creative thinking
BTech Entrance Examination 2024
There are numerous exams in India, divided into national, state level, and university levels. The national level top B Tech exams are JEE Main, JEE Advanced state-level BTech exams include WBJEE, and MHT CET; university-level exams include BITSAT, VITEEE, and SRMJEEE. To know more about these exams that aid in access to BTech and their important dates, read the following.
|What is the exam is for?
|Type of Exam
|Mode of Exam
|Conducted by NTA at a national level for Engineering candidates all over the India. The mode of the exam is online mode.
|Session 1 - January 24 to February 1, 2024 Session 2 - April 1 to 15, 2024
|Conducted online by the IITs at national level. The JEE Advanced 2024 Exam will be conducted by IIT Madras.
|May 26, 2024
|Conducted by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, for admissions to UG courses at its campuses at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
|Online - Computer Based Test (CBT)
|Session 1 - May 2024
Session 2 - June 2024
|Conducted at the university level for admissions into BTech, MTech and BSc courses at the SRM Institute of Science and Technology campuses.
|Session 1 - April 19 to 21, 2024
Session 2 - June 21 to 23, 2024
|It is a state level entrance exam conducted by Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board for admission to for admission to BTech and BPharma courses.
|April 2, 2024
|Conducted by the Government of Maharashtra at the state level for admission to for admission to various UG courses.
|Online - Computer Based Test (CBT)
|April 16 to 30, 2024
BTech Admission Process in India 2024
The BTech entries are majorly done via the engineering exams conducted by various bodies. In addition, access to a B.Tech degree is also done on a merit basis and candidates can also take access into the second year via lateral entry. Candidates can check the details given below.
BTech Admission 2024 Via Entrance Exam
To get entry into engineering, below is the sequence of steps that have to be followed by the candidates before applying for BTech.
- Candidates to be admitted to BTech have to appear for an entrances
- There are various national-level exams like JEE Main, which is accepted by NITs, GFTIs, and JEE Advanced which is accepted exclusively by IITs
- Other than the exams mentioned above, other state-level exams are accepted by many colleges like WBJEE, AP EAMCET, TS EAMCET, KEAM, and MHT CET. other university-based exams such as VITEEE, SRMJEEE, BITSAT, UPESEAT, etc
- The exams are conducted mostly in April, May, and June every year
- After the declaration of the results, it is followed by counseling, and the seat allotment process has been conducted by the concerned authorities. During the counseling process, candidates will have to choose the college and courses of their choice based on the rank acquired by them
- After the college is chosen, candidates will have to visit the campus of the respective college to conduct the entry formalities
BTech Admission on Merit Basis
Some engineering colleges in India offer BTech entry based on Class 12th merit. To gain entry without sitting for any exam, students can fill out the application form once released by the respective university offering direct access to the course. The institute will check the student’s candidacy and release a merit list. If your name appears on the merit list you will be granted a seat in the college.
BTech Admission via Lateral Entry
Students with a 3-year diploma or a BSc degree in a qualifying technological study may apply for B Tech Lateral Entry. Students are admitted to the B Tech program in the third semester (second year). The B Tech Lateral Entry entry is entrance-based, and these entrances, also known as LEET, are administered annually by state-level education authorities.
Direct BTech Admission Process Without Entrance Examinations
Candidates who do not wish to appear for any exam but pursue a BTech can be admitted to their desired institutions through a direct entry procedure. Access to direct BTech universities can be done through Management Quota, NRI Quota, Lateral Entry, and Institute-Specific Criteria.
- Management Quota: Some private engineering colleges have a special quota called the Management Quota, which allows for direct entry to their courses. However, the fees for this quota are often higher compared to regular entry.
- NRI Quota: Some universities also have a separate quota for Non-Resident Indians (NRI) or foreign nationals, called the NRI Quota. Entry under this quota may not require entrances.
- Lateral Entry: If you have a diploma in engineering or a related field, you may be eligible for lateral entry directly into the second year of the BTech program.
- Institute-Specific Criteria: Finally, some institutes may have their specific criteria for direct entry, which could include factors such as work experience, relevant certifications, or other achievements.
B Tech Fees of Engineering Colleges in India
The BTech fees of all the top colleges are different depending on various factors such as faculty, rankings, and placements. Some of the top B Tech colleges like IIT Madras, Delhi, and Bombay have very high B Tech course fees as they offer various facilities and excellent education. The BTech fees in private institutions will be higher compared to government colleges.
Top Private B.Tech Colleges
Some of the top state and private B Tech Colleges have been listed along with the course fee. Candidates can also check the entrance exams accepted in the following listed colleges.
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras
|INR 8,04,000 Per Annum
|Centro comercial Moctezuma
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi
|INR 8,39,000 Per Annum
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay
|INR 9,08,000 Per Annum
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur
|INR 8,38,000 Per Annum
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee
|INR 8,52,000 Per Annum
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati
|INR 3,69,000 Per Annum
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad
|INR 8,88,000 Per Annum
|Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Tiruchirappalli
|INR 7,29,000 Per Annum
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Karnataka
|INR 8,71,000 Per Annum
BTech Syllabus and Subjects
B.Tech is a four-year undergraduate program that offers professional engineering courses offering applied engineering concepts. The course consists of various specializations, and the syllabus is divided into eight semesters. BTech syllabus focuses on developing a better understanding of Information technology, structural analysis, digital electronics, and more.
To pursue B.Tech, candidates must complete class 12th and clear entrance exams such as JEE Mains or JEE Advanced. There are nearly 100 B. Tech specializations, ranging from civil, mechanical, electrical, computer science, nuclear, biomedical, biotechnology, etc. The subjects vary depending on the specialization, and candidates can choose their specialization based on their interests.
Specialization- Wise BTech Syllabus
|Automobile Engineering Syllabus
|Aeronautical Engineering Syllabus
|Electronics & Communication Engineering Syllabus
|Marine Engineering Syllabus
|Civil Engineering Syllabus
|Mechanical Engineering Syllabus
|Food Technology Syllabus
|Biotechnology Engineering Syllabus
|Computer Engineering Syllabus
|Mechatronics Engineering Syllabus
|Automobile Engineering Syllabus
|Computer Science Syllabus