Harcourt Butler Technical Institute is a well-famed Engineering institute was established in the year of 1921 located in Kanpur. It Has has been upgraded to Harcourt Butler Technical University (HBTU), Kanpur in 2016 by the Government of Uttar Pradesh. It is one of the prestigious colleges in India and also approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). It offers undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. programs in various stream.
- HBTU Campus: The institute is spread over two campuses, the east campus is spread over 77 acres and the west campus is spread over 271 acres of land.
HBTU Facts and Figures:
HBTU Kanpur is one of the oldest and reputed engineering institutes in India. The National Sugar Institute, Government Central Textile Institute which is known as the Uttar Pradesh Textile Technology, the origin of both the institute is from HBTU. When the campus of IIT Kanpur was under construction then the classes of IIT Kanpur is being held in HBTU Kanpur.
It is also very demanding college of every aspirant who applies for Government Engineering in Uttar Pradesh.
|Accepted Exam||JEE Main|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech, PhD, MCA, MBA|
|Campus Area||348 acres|
Courses offered of HBTU Kanpur : B.Tech
HBTU Kanpur School of Engineering:
|Computer Science & Engineering||75|
HBTU Kanpur School Of Chemical Technology:
Mode of Admission:
- Candidate must need to take JEE Main Examination and separately apply for HBTU Kanpur Counselling.
- Admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE Main examination.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with recognized Board or University.
- Secured 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PwD candidates) in Physics, Mathematics and as compulsory subject Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology and technical vocational any one of these as an optional subject in class 12th Board examination.
HBTU Kanpur Cut off 2020: OPEN CATEGORY
|BIO CHEMICAL ENGG.||34913||——-||——-||200658|
|COMPUTER SC. & ENGG.||4378||——-||21784||——-|
Click here to see full Cutoff – read more…
1. Institute Fees:
|Caution Money (One Time refundable)||5,000|
|One Time Fee||2,800|
|Tuition Fee (per year)||75,500|
|Other Fee (per year)||52,200|
|Total||1.35 lakhs per year|
2. Hostel Fees:
|Hostel Caution Money (One time Refundable)||1,000|
|Hostel Seat Rent (per year)||4,000|
|Electricity & Water Charges (per year)||7,500|
|Other Fee (per year)||12,500|
|Mess Advance (per year)||36,000|
|Total||61,000 per year|
The college infrastructure is quite good despite of being 100 years old but it has a great maintenance. The entire campus is enabled with wi-fi and provides good internet connectivity. Labs are well equipped with all the instruments and classrooms are also very spacious. College also has a large central library which is full of enormous collection of book.
Faculty: The faculty members are highly knowledgeable and their teaching skills are excellent. They are assigned by the government bodies. Teachers are very helpful towards the students in their studies and research work also. The course curriculum is also relevant.
HBTU Kanpur Placements:
The placement is the main factor of this college and very large and supportive alumni networks which have played a major role in the placement of students and also there are great recruiters like Microsoft, HCL, TATA, Reliance and Samsung etc visit at the placement session and offered smart salary packages.
|Highest package offered||Rs. 43.50 LPA|
|Average package offered||Rs. 6 to 7 LPA|
- Placements Highlights 2020:
- The highest package offered with Rs. 43.50 LPA by Microsoft.
- Rs. 13.00 LPA offered by Samsung R&D Bangalore.
- Rs. 12.00 LPA by Samsung R&D Noida.
- Rs. 11.6o LPA by Optum.
- Rs. 10.75 LPA by MediaTek.
- Rs. 10.60 LPA by ExxonMobil.
- Rs. 10.50 LPA by Oyo.
Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme:
- As per AICTE notification Tuition Fee Waiver seats for economically weaker meritorious candidates are also available in B.Tech programs of the University.
- No tuition fee will be charged from the candidates admitted against such seats.
- Fee Waiver seats will be limited to a maximum of 5% of the approved intake in the course and will be over and above the sanctioned intake.
- The candidates willing to avail the benefit of the Tuition Fee Waiver scheme must submit the required documents/ certificates for Verification.