Institute of Engineering and Technology is also known as IET, Lucknow. It is a State Government Engineering College and is a top ranked institute among all technical institutions in UP. It is an autonomous constituent college of A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University. The institute offers various Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses. IET was established by the Government of U.P in 1984, for imparting engineering education and for promoting technological research to generate suitable technical man-power.
Facts and Figures:
|Affiliation||Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University|
|Location||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Accepted Exam||JEE Exam, NIMCET, CMAT, GATE|
|Course Offered||B.Tech, MCA, MBA, M.Tech|
|Campus Area||100 Acres|
Courses Offered & Seat Matrix IET Lucknow: B.Tech
|Computer Science and Engineering||60|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||60|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||60|
Mode of Admission:
- Must Appear in JEE Main Exam Card
- Admission will done on the basis on JEE Main Merit through JEE Main Counselling
- UPSEE Counselling
Note – Last year admission on the basis of UPSEE Card
- Candidates must have passed (10+2) Examination..
- Candidates must have secured an aggregate of 45% in Physics, Chemistry, Maths (PCM) and 40% marks for reserved category.
- For Lateral entry admission candidates should have minimum 60% marks in 3-4 years diploma from a recognized university.
Group A – Chemical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Group B – Electronic Instrument Engineering, Information Technology
|Fee (per year)|
IET Lucknow Cutoff (Expected) 2021:
|8||ELECTRICAL AND INSTRUMENTATION||85K-90K||93%|
The placement record of the institute is reaching heights year by year. Students of this institute are recruited at a handsome salary package.
- Highest Package offered – Rs. 37 LPA
- Average Package offered – Rs. 7 LPA (CSE, IT)
- Overall Branch Average Package Offered – Rs. 4.5 to 5 LPA
- Tata Projects
- ACADEMIC BLOCK-The campus is self-sustained and is well equipped with requisite amenities to meet the needs of an Institute such as classrooms of different capacities, laboratories, library, Air conditioned conference hall, administrative block, dispensary and a seminar hall.
- LECTURE THEATRE- The Institute possess neoteric classrooms, lecture halls and conference hall. Many among of them are well equipped with modern facilities such as multimedia projector, LAN & WiFi connectivity, etc., which go along well with today’s digital age of teaching. It is made sure that the students get an atmosphere which is comfortable, enhances learning and foster their young minds.
- HOSTELS & OTHER FACILITIES-The Institute campus houses 8 hostels for boys and 4 for girls. The hostels are Wi Fi/LAN enabled and well equipped for comfortable lodging and boarding of the students. A Bank in the college premises itself, Dispensary for medical care & Canteen facilities in the campus add to the state-of-the-art infrastructure.
The institute provides Scholarship to those students whose family income is less than Rs. 2 LPA. This Scholarship really helps the students with a low income family to pursue their studies without any hindrance.
Distinctive Features Of IET Lucknow:
- Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP)
- Society for Electronics Exploration and Development (SEED)
- National and International Seminars/Webinars
- Research-cum-teaching Fellows
The alumni of IET Lucknow are of the highest caliber and repute. Many of them have reached positions of
eminence in their selected fields of professions. They have reached perfection through excellence in their
selected fields industry, business, the public sector, academics, and research or as entrepreneurs. The
Institute recognizes its alumni who have distinguished themselves through their work and have done the
Institute proud. This Institute also involves Alumni in its educational and research activities wherever
possible, by inviting them to participate on its advisory boards, as visiting faculty or guest speakers.