Admission Process, Courses Offered, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Placements, Review etc.
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad (MNNIT) is a public higher education institute located in Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh and it was founded in the year of 1961. The college is one among the thirty-one NITs and its NIRF ranking is 42 in the engineering stream. The Indian government has recognized it as an Institute of National Importance.
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, formerly known as Motilal Nehru Regional Engineering College (MNREC). The college is also associated with the third oldest university of the country, University of Allahabad. MNNIT Allahabad is a deemed university which is fully funded by Government of India.
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology
Facts and Figures:
|Campus Area||222 acres|
|Accepted Exam||JEE Main|
|Popular Courses||B.E./B.Tech , M.E./M.Tech|
|Total Students Enrollment||4732|
Here, we discuses about MNNIT Allahabad courses offered, Admission Procedure, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Placements and reviews etc.
Courses offered for B.Tech Candidates:
|Chemical Engineering||4 years|
|Civil Engineering||4 years|
|Computer Science & Engineering||4 years|
|Electrical Engineering||4 years|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||4 years|
|Information Technology||4 years|
|Mechanical Engineering||4 years|
|Production & Industrial Engineering||4 years|
- Admission is done on the basis of JEE Main rank by JoSAA and CSAB Counseling.
- Candidates must have passed intermediate examination in science stream from any recognized Board/ University.
- Candidate must have passed with minimum 75% marks ( 65% marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subject along with one subject Chemistry/ Biology/Computer science/ Bio-Technology.
- There are special seats reserved for top 20 percentile in class 12th exam conducted by the respective board.
|Caution Money (one time refundable)||5,000|
|Tuition Fee (per year)||1,25,000|
|Other Fee (per year)||38,000|
|Total||1.63 lakhs per year|
|Hostel Charge (per year)||24,000|
|Mess Charge (per year)||30,000|
|Total||54,000 per year|
- 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST/PH students.
- Full remission of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- Remission of 2/3rd of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students whose family income is between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakhs per annum.
Placements of this college are pretty good. Placements really depend on your branch as well as your CGPA. Almost 97.6% of the students got placed. Almost 8 out of 10 students were placed with an average salary package of around 7 to 8 LPA. The highest salary package offered is 36 LPA. A total of 285 companies visited the campus until now, and the placements are still going on.
|Highest Package||The Highest package offered is around 36 LPA|
|Average package||The Average package offered is around 7 to 8 LPA|
Infrastructure and Campus Life:
The infrastructure of this college is very good. The hostel for the first-year students is the best hostel in whole Uttar Pradesh. All the hostels are enabled with excellent Wi-Fi facilities. All types of sports facilities are available in this college and the sports equipment is also very advanced here. The library is awesome with good number of books.
- Open Wi-Fi Facility
- Advanced Laboratory and Library Facility
- Anti-Ragging Environment
- Yoga, Meditation and Gym Facility
- Sports Facility
- Hostel Facility (Separate for Boys and Girls)
- Mess Facility with good quality of Food
- Personality Development Programs
- Air Conditioned Classrooms and Laboratories
Teachers are very well qualified and very experienced. Professors here are highly qualified in their respective fields and have in-depth knowledge of their subject. Most of the professors are PhD scholars. Teaching quality is a matter of subjectivity they are good at conveying what they know and teachers are very helpful, but they are very strict regarding the 75% attendance rule. The course curriculum is the same as all the other IITs and NITs.
The SAE club is very active here and this club helped me a lot. Revise version of the course with inclusion of new subjects, maintenance and up-gradation of apparatus in labs, open and effective platform for students to put the idea in front of administration. Swagat ( fresher’s function) teaches various cultural activities to new students, AVISHKAR (technical fest) consist of events from all the courses including various technical clubs, CULRAV ( cultural fest) consist of various cultural events of dance, dramatics, art, music, photography and spandan and other informal events. The campus crowd is around 5000 people. The college provides some monetary support to students in top 10%. The economically backward students and some reserved categories also get scholarship from college in tuition fees. This college participates in various IITs in cultural fests (IIT KANPUR, IIT BOMBAY & IIT KHARAGPUR), athletic fest (IIT KANPUR, IIT ROORKEE & IIT BHU) and technical fest (IIT KANPUR & IIT BOMBAY).
Institute offers various government scholarships such as:-
- U.P. General Category Scholarship
- Central Top Class SC Scholarship
- U.P. SC/ ST Scholarship