Admission Process, Courses Offered, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Placements, Review etc.
National Institute of Technology, Rourkela is also known as NITR founded by the Government of India. It was established in the year of 1961. It is granted the status of an autonomous institute. Jawaharlal Nehru, the former prime minister of India laid the foundation of this higher learning for engineering science and technology institute. National Institute of Technology Rourkela declared it is an Institute of National importance.
NIT Rourkela is located in Rourkela, Odisha andits campus is spread over 647 acres. It has been approved by AICTE (ALL India Council for Technical Education) and accredited by NAAC.
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked the institute 16th among all the institutes of India. National Institute of Technology declared it is an Institute of National importance. It offers many Undergraduate, Postgraduate and PhD programs in various streams.
National Institute of Technology Rourkela:
Facts and Figures:
|Campus Area||647 acres|
|Accepted Exam||JEE Main|
|Popular Courses||B.E/ B.Tech , M.E/ M.Tech|
|Total Students Enrollment||6315|
NIT Rourkela Ranking
Given below are some of the recent achievements by the institute for the year 2019:
- Ranked 2nd among NITs and 12th best technical college in India by MHRD
- Ranked 38th in the overall ranking by NIRF
- The Institute ranked among 801-1000 in The World University Ranking 2020
- Ranked 27th as per QS University Ranking in overall rankings
- Ranked 13th among engineering colleges in India by The Week
Let’s take a brief look at NIT Rourkela Courses offered, Admission Process, Eligibility Criteria and Fee structure etc.
Courses Offered for B.Tech candidates:
|Computer Science and Engineering||80||4 years|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||35||4 years|
|Mechanical Engineering||90||4 years|
|Electrical engineering||56||4 years|
|Civil Engineering||46||4 years|
|Chemical Engineering||44||4 years|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||46||4 years|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||33||4 years|
|Ceramic Engineering||24||4 years|
|Mining Engineering||35||4 years|
|Industrial Engineering||28||4 years|
|Food Process Engineering||14||4 years|
|Biotechnology and Biomedical Engineering||42||4 years|
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Candidates:
- Candidates must have passed intermediate examination in science stream from any recognized Board/ University.
- Candidate must have passed with minimum 75% marks ( 65% marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subject along with one subject Chemistry/ Biology/Computer science/ Bio-Technology or any other vocational subject or top 20 percentile in class 12th board.
Admission Process for B.Tech Candidates:
- Admission is done on the basis of rank in JEE Main rank by JoSAA and CSAB counseling portal.
B.Tech Fee Structure:
The fee structure of B.Tech in NIT Rourkela mentioned in below the table:
|Tuition Fee||1.78 lakhs per year approx|
|Hostel Fee||45 k approx|
- 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST students.
- Full remission of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- Remission of 2/3rd of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students whose family income is between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakhs per annum.
About Infrastructure, Faculties, Facilities and Placements:
Infrastructure and Campus Life:
The infrastructure of this college is very attractive and modern. NIT is located near the hills in Panposh region of the Rourkela.The entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled including hostels. For medical issues, there is a dispensary on the campus. Two big playgrounds and Olympic level swimming pool are also available on the campus, which is great for sports. Moreover, every hostel has an indoor badminton ground. Labs and classrooms are very clean, and all accessories and machines are available in the labs. Food is also very delicious in the hostel mess. The canteen is far better than other college’s canteen. Hostel rooms are also comfortable, and washrooms are hygiene.
Faculty members of the college are well qualified and most of them are done PhD in reputed IITs. Their teaching method is very nice. They always take care of the fundamental of the students and co-operate the students with all-around development. A faculty adviser is also appointed to resolve all type of issue of a student. The student to faculty ratio is also very good. The course structure is very good and can be modified by the professor if needed. For 1st year all the subjects are the same for all branches, which is essential for engineering students. After 1st year, different subjects are provided according to the branch. The college conducts exams with great discipline.
- 24-hours Open Wi-Fi Facility
- Advanced Laboratory and Library Facility
- Auditorium and Lectures halls
- Video Conferencing Facility
- Yoga, Meditation and Gym Facility
- Sports Facility
- Hostel Facility (Separate for Boys and Girls)
- Mess Facility with good quality of Food
- Personality Development Programs
- Air Conditioned Classrooms and Laboratories
The college is widely famous for its placements and the institute consistently maintained excellent placements records. There are many Big Companies come at placement season with smart salary package.
Placements are great as it is a national institute. Last year, the college set a record of 1031 job opportunities for only 931 students, which is great. I think 90% of all students got placed. The highest domestic salary package of the college is 41 LPA, and the lowest salary package is around 4 LPA. The average salary package is between 13 to 15 LPA. All reputed companies like Amazon, Myntra, Dell, HP, Adobe System, and Microsoft visit the college for campus placements. Core companies like Tata, Coal India, Gail, etc., also visit the college for placements. The college provides internships also and helps the student to intern outside the country. There is a separate building for placement cell. Branch coordinators are selected to invite companies to provide jobs to the students. All these are done in the placement cell.
|Highest Package||The Highest package offered is around 41 LPA|
|Average package||The Average package offered is around 13 to 15 LPA|
- Adobe System
- Microsoft etc
Value of Money:
It’s a Dream college for Engineering Aspirants. The institute provides excellent job opportunity to the students with decent ROI (return of Investment). All kinds of sports are available from land to water and indoor to outdoor etc. Overall NIT Rourkela is the best place to learn and achieve your dreams.