Shiv Nadar University is a multidisciplinary, research-focused, and student-centric University offering a full range of academic programs at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level. Committed to excellence in teaching, research and service, the University aims to serve the higher education needs of India and the world beyond. It was founded as part of a series of initiatives launched by the Shiv Nadar Foundation, a private philanthropic foundation funded by Shiv Nadar, founder and chairman of HCL.
Shiv Nadar University (SNU) is a private inter-disciplinary research university founded in 2011 in Dadri , Uttar Pradesh . It has been granted the status of Institution of Eminence by the Government of India and accredited by the NAAC as well.
- Mission of SNU:
- Developing and educating the path-shapers of the future who can accept the global challenges with full confidence.
- Evolving research and teaching programs that tackle the most problems of the state and the global community.
Facts & Figures:
|Location||Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|Accepted Exam||JEE Mains|
|Courses offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, Ph.D|
|Campus Area||286 acres|
Courses offered: B.Tech
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Note – Total number of seat intake is 380
Mode of Admission:
- The admission at SNU is taken on the basis of-
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) College Board Scores
- American College Testing (ACT) scores
- SNUSAT and APT (Offline or Pearson Vue Centre)
- JEE Mains (2020 & 2021) Scores
- Candidate must have scored above 75% marks in 12th Board Exams with 50% in every subject i.e. PCM.
- Candidates are eligible with different passing criteria as per the board they have studied in.
Fees Structure for School of Engineering:
|Total Tuition Fees||Rs.13,50,000/-|
Campus- The natural beauty of the campus inspires students for all academic, sports and co-curricular pursuits. The bio-diversity park and Shiv Nadar University Lake are the hotspots not only for students and faculty but also for the countless .The “green campus” has ample of greenery and beautiful view for the students where they can take fresh air and bask in the sun.
Hostel- The hostels at SNU are state of the art and separate hostels for boys and girls are available. Each room is designed as a comfortable independent unit with basic in-built utilities. A pantry on the ground floor, equipped with microwave ovens, water coolers fitted with RO and purifiers and other facilities are available in each hostel. Both AC and Non-AC rooms are offered to students as per their requirement.
Central Library- Library is the soul of the institution and it has an extensive collection of books, scientific and technical journals, electronic reference materials for satisfying the needs of the students and faculty as well. All library activities are automated providing effective and wide range of academic resources such as books, DVDs and other useful materials.
Dining Hall- Two large dining halls provide food catering to the cultural and food preferences of students. Indian as well as International cuisine is served to the students seven days a week. The quality of food served on campus is closely monitored by the student-elected mess committee and the University administration. Hygienic and nutritious meals are served keeping in mind the health of students.
Learning and Academic Support Centre- The mission of the Learning and Academic Support Center (LASC) is to assist University students in developing the skills and strategies they need to become confident, independent and active learners. The LASC aims to help students meet the challenges of diligent academic standards guiding students in their adjustment to the University’s learning environment and to prepare them for a lifetime of self-sufficient learning.
The Career Development Centre (CDC) at SNU supports the students in shaping and managing their career by building them strong to become an all rounder person to build their career. Academic advise and career coaching inspires the students to discover their strength, gain confidence and develop their career with zeal.
|Average Placement||7.5 LPA|
|Highest Placement||31.5 LPA|
- Top Recruiters:
- Bank of America
- Goldman Sachs
- Internship: SNU provides unique opportunities to students for their internships which are usually done in the summers for about six to eight weeks. The objective of the Summer Internship is to understand and implement all the theoretical concepts in a practical environment which develops hands-on experience in the corporate world. Students have successfully completed their internship in different renowned companies.
- Some Internship Partners are as follows:
- Coca Cola
- IIT Palakkad
- Code Fire and many more of the same.
- Some Internship Partners are as follows:
Centres of Excellence:
- Big Data Analytics Center (BDAC)
- Center of Advanced Materials
- Center for Economics, Mathematics & data Analytics
- Center for Environmental Sciences & Engineering (CESE)
- Center for Informatics
- Center for Public Affairs and Critical Theory (C-PACT)
- Institute for Innovations & Inventions with Mathematics and IT (IIIMIT)
- Center for Archaeology, Heritage and Museum Studies.