Admission Process, Courses Offered, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Placements, Review etc.
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology is better known as VNIT is one of the best engineering colleges in Maharashtra. It was established in the year of 1960 by the Government of India and located in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
VNIT Nagpur was formerly known as Visvesvaraya Regional College of Engineering (VRCE). VNIT Nagpur is centrally funded and belongs to the National Institute of Technology (NITs) system. In 2007 the institute declared as the Institute of National Importance. The institute offers many undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD programs across various disciplines.
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Nagpur:
Facts and Figures:
|Campus Area||215 acres|
|Accepted Exam||JEE Main|
|Popular Courses||B.E./B.Tech , M.E./M.Tech|
|Total Students Enrollment|
In this article, we will provide you full information about Courses, Admission Procedure, Eligibility Criteria, Placements, College Facilities and Scholarships etc in VNIT Nagpur.
Courses Offered for B.Tech candidates:
|Chemical Engineering||4 years|
|Civil Engineering||4 years|
|Computer Science & Engineering||4 years|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||4 years|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||4 years|
|Mechanical Engineering||4 years|
|Metallurgical & Materials Engineering||4 years|
|Mining Engineering||4 years|
- Admission is through JoSAA counseling based on the rank obtained in the JEE Mains.
- Admission for the foreign candidates is done through DASA scheme (Direct Admission of Students abroad) based on SAT scores.
- Candidates must have passed intermediate examination in science stream from any recognized Board/ University.
- Candidate must have passed with minimum 75% marks ( 65% marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subject along with one subject Chemistry/ Biology/Computer science/ Bio-Technology.
Fee Structure for B.Tech Candidates:
The fee structure of B.Tech in VNIT Nagpur mentioned in below the table:
|Tuition Fee||1.49 lakhs per year approx|
|Hostel Fee||k approx|
- NIT Nagpur provides 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST/PH students.
- Full remission of the Tuition Fee for GEN & OBC students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- Remission of 2/3rd of the Tuition Fee for GEN & OBC students whose family income is between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakhs per annum.
About 80% of the students from this college got placed in many big Companies. The highest salary package offered is 25 LPA and the lowest salary package offered is 3.7 LPA and the average salary package offered is 7 LPA. Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Amazon, D.E Shaw, Oracle India, HDFC Bank, Wipro and Citicorp India are the top recruiters of our course. Full-stack developer, QA developer, etc., are the top roles offered in our course. The highest salary package offered in our course is 25 LPA and the lowest salary package offered is 4.5 LPA and the average salary package offered is 10 LPA. Around 60% of the students got internships. Goldman Sachs and Amazon offer internships here.
|Highest Package||The Highest package offered is around 25 LPA|
|Average package||The Average package offered is around 7 LPA|
About College Infrastructure, Facilities and Faculties etc
Infrastructure and Campus Life:
The infrastructure oh this institute is very nice and campus is full on lush green. The computer science and engineering department of VNIT has Wi-Fi facility in all of its buildings. All classrooms have Wi-Fi facility, and there are many hi-tech labs in the department such as machine learning and AI lab, database management lab, networking centre, etc. Relevant study material right from beginner to advanced level is available in the library both in the form of hard copy and soft copy. Hostel rooms have sufficient lighting, cupboards, bed and high-speed internet through LAN ports. The mess food is average, but the canteen food is good. There is a health centre inside the campus, along with doctors of various specializations. Most of the medicines are offered free of cost only. 24×7 ambulance is available for emergency cases. There is a dedicated sports complex for indoor games and a huge outdoor sports ground. Other than that, every hostel has 2-3 indoor games.
- Open Wi-Fi Facility
- Advanced Laboratory and Library Facility
- Anti-Ragging Environment
- Yoga, Meditation and Gym Facility
- Sports Facility
- Hostel Facility (Separate for Boys and Girls)
- Mess Facility with good quality of Food
- Personality Development Programs
- On Banking, Postal, and Guest House Facilities
Teachers here are very qualified, and most of them have a PhD degree. Every teacher has a different specialization and different field of interest. The course curriculum is relevant mostly, and it makes students ready for the industry to the most extent. But, some courses are not fully updated. So, students need to put efforts to make them fully prepared for the industry.
- New Central Sector Scholarship for SC & ST students.
- SPDC Scholarship Scheme
- GoI Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Maharashtra state category students.
- GoI Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for other state category students.
- GoI Scholarship Scheme for Physically Disabled (PD) students.
- Government of Maharashtra – Minority Scholarship.
- GoI ICCR / SPDC scholarship scheme.
- GoI Post Matric Scholarship Scheme (MOMA) for Minority Students.
- Goldman Sachs
- Morgan Stanley
- D.E Shaw
- Oracle India
- HDFC Bank
- Citicorp and so on…