Table of Contents
LPU University is a Private University situated in Phagwara, Punjab, in 2005 and started functioning in 2006 It is also one of the most prestigious universities in India devised under Punjab State Private University. Today we are discussing Lovely Professional University Fees, Placement, Cut off as well as scholarship programs.
It is the largest single-campus university in India, with more than 30,000 students, and over 4,000+ staff and faculty members, offering more than 200 programs & also recognized by UGC and is also a member of AIU. It has an ultra-modern vast campus on the National Highway near Jalandhar city.
With internationally benchmarked curricula, innovative pedagogy, experiential learning, and also 200+ foreign tie-ups for equitable and affordable quality education, the University is poised to establish itself as a Centre of Excellence in Research. Lovely Professional University campus exhibits a rich diversity as the academic staff, and students come from 29 states of India and 70 countries from all over the world.
- India Today Aspire ranks LPU among the Top “Universities of the Future”
- The Lovely Professional University was ranked 99th by NIRF 2020 in the category of Top overall institutes.
- 3rd Rank among Power Private Universities in India by 4ps.
- 1st Best University to be enrolled for further studies.
- 13th Best Private B-Schools in India by dainikbhaskar.com
- Awarded National ‘Outstanding B-School – North Award by ZEE News.
Facts & Figures:
|Also Known as||LPU University|
|Founder and Chairman||Late Shri Baldev Raj Mittal|
|NIRF Ranking 2020||78|
|Institute Type||Private University|
|Approved by||AICTE & UGC|
|Number of courses offered||40+|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech | MBA|
Programs offered at Lovely Professional University for UG (B.Tech):
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Biotechnology (BT)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Food Technology
- Robotics and Automation
- Information Technology (IT)
- Automobile Engineering (AE)
- Biomedical Engineering (BE)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering (CHE)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
Eligibility Criteria of LPU University:
- Candidates must have passed with a minimum aggregate of 60% in 10+2 with (Physics, Mathematics, and English) or equivalent.
- The candidate has to qualify for LPUNEST (Lovely Professional University will prepare a merit list of applicants based on their score or rank in the entrance examination and previous academic performance).
- There is a 5% of relaxation to North-East states and Sikkim candidates / Defence Personnel and their Dependents/ Wards of Kashmiri Migrants.
1. For B.Tech. Biotechnology (B.T.), B.Tech. (Food Technology) and B.Tech. (Biomedical Engineering)
Subjects considered: Physics, Chemistry, English & either Maths or Biology or Biotechnology & other things remaining same as above.
2. For B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (CHE)
Subjects considered: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English; other things remaining same as above.
LPU University Fees:
Lovely Professional University Fees for B.Tech is divided into 2 parts. The first part is B.Tech and 2nd part is B.Tech (Hons.), and also this fee has been taken from the official website of Lovely University.
|Programmes||Applicable Fees (per semester)|
|B.Tech. (Hons.)||₹ 1,90,000/-|
|B.Tech. (Robotics & Automation)B.Tech. CSE- Data Science (ML & AI) with Upgrade B.Tech (CSE – Full Stack Development) with Upgrade||₹ 1,50,000/-|
Lovely Professional University also strongly believes in the fact that monetary constraints should not be an obstacle for a student to have access to quality education. So the University offers India’s largest Private Scholarship Scheme.
The objective of the scheme is to realize the vast talents that may be hidden due to financial constraints. Under this scheme, students have been awarded scholarships worth ₹ 100+ crores in the last year only.
Performance in LPUNEST Exam (B.Tech.):
The categories of scholarship are based on performance in LPUNEST (B.Tech.). The cut-off for each category will be also announced along with the result of the respective schedule. The scholarship details are as per the following table:
|Percentage Slab||For B.Tech. Scholarship amount (per semester) (in ₹ )||For B.Tech. (Robotics & Automation) Scholarship amount (per semester) (in ₹ )|
|LPUNEST (B.Tech.) score more than or equal to the Category I cut-off||₹ 60000/-(i.e. 50% of Programme Fee)||₹ 75000/-(i.e. 50% of Programme Fee)|
|LPUNEST (B.Tech.) score more than or equal to the Category II cut-off||₹ 48000/-(i.e. 40% of Programme Fee)||₹ 60000/-(i.e. 40% of Programme Fee)|
|LPUNEST (B.Tech.) score more than or equal to the Category III cut-off||₹ 36000/-(i.e. 30% of Programme Fee)||₹ 45000/-(i.e. 30% of Programme Fee)|
For B.Tech. (CSE) Programmes Programme:
|Percentage Slab||B.Tech. Scholarship amount (per semester)||B.Tech.(Hons.) Scholarship amount (per semester)||B.Tech. CSE- Data Science (ML & AI) with Upgrad B.Tech (CSE – (per semester)|
|LPUNEST (B.Tech.) score more than or equal to the Category I cut-off||₹ 36000/-(i.e. 30% of Programme Fee)||₹ 57000/-(i.e. 30% of Programme Fee)||₹ 45000/-(i.e. 30% of Programme Fee)|
|LPUNEST (B.Tech.) score more than or equal to the Category II cut-off||₹ 30000/-(i.e. 25% of Programme Fee)||₹ 47500/-(i.e. 25% of Programme Fee)||₹ 37500/-(i.e. 25% of Programme Fee)|
|LPUNEST (B.Tech.) score more than or equal to the Category III cut-off||₹ 24000/-(i.e. 20% of Programme Fee)||₹ 38000/-(i.e. 20% of Programme Fee)||₹ 30000/-(i.e. 20% of Programme Fee)|
LPU University Placement:
|01||Average Package||Rs. 7 LPA|
|02||Highest Package||Rs. 42 LPA|
|04||Recruiters of IITs/IIMs/NITsalso hire from LPU||110+|
|05||Highest Internship Stipend per month||Rs. 80,000/-|
LPUNEST (B.Tech.) Important Dates:
|Particulars||Schedule – I||Schedule – II (Only Remotely Proctored Test from Home)|
|Online Registration Starts on||1st Week of January 2023||–|
|Last Date for submission of the LPUNEST Application||31st Jan 2023||–|
|Slot Booking for online examination||15th February 2023 onwards*||–|
|Date of Examination #||20th March to 5th April 2023||–|
|Display of Result||10th April 2023||–|
|Online Counselling and Seat Allocation||10th April 2023 onwards^||–|
Facility Available at LPU University, Jalandhar:
- Campus Security
- Uni Hospital
- University Management System
- Residential Facilities
- Transportation Facilities
- Shopping And Dining
- Banking And Postal Services
- Education Loan Assistance
- Startup School