SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University) is one of the top ranking universities in India with thousands of students. The different campuses are located in Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Vadapalani, Modinagar, Amaravati and Sonepat. The Institute offers a wide range of programmes in every demanding sector.
The Institute was established in 1985 with a mission to advance knowledge in academic and research environments. It also aims to be a place for learning, discovery, innovation and expression.
The vision of the SRMIST is to turn out as a World-class University in imparting quality education and providing students a unique learning experience in every sector.
FACTS & FIGURES
|Location||Kattankulathur, Tamil Nadu|
|Courses offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, BCA, MCA, BBA, B.Arch, B.Des, B.Com, B.Sc, LLM, Integrated Courses|
|Campus Area||250 acres|
|NIRF (in Engineering)||34|
|Highest Placement||41.6 LPA|
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering (Internet of Things)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Information Security)
- Computer Science and Engineering(AI & ML)
- Computer Science and Engineering(Big Data Analytics)
- Computer Science and Engineering in Cloud Computing
- Computer Science and Engineering(Computer Networking)
- Computer Science and Engineering in Cyber Security
- Computer Science and Engineering with IoT.
- Computer Science and Engineering in Information Technology
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Business Systems
- Information Technology
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Computer Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
MODE OF ADMISSION
- Admission is done on the basis of rank secured in SRMJEEE (SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination).
- Qualified candidates have to participate in online counselling based on their ranking.
- Eligible Candidates may select specific campus and programme during the online Counselling procedure.
- Candidates should have scored a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in (10+2) examination .
- Candidates should have scored a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology/Biotechnology as major subjects in regular stream from any board in India.
- Candidates who have completed Intermediate under NIOS must have completed the 10th standard from regular schooling or vice-versa.
- Candidates who have passed the above exam in less than two attempts including appearance for improvement will be considered for admission.
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology has a 250 acre campus at Kattankulathur,Tamil Nadu.
- The campus is beautified with ample greenery and has easy rail and road connectivity.
- The Institute is an example of state-of-the art infrastructure and amazing facilities and amenities.
- The campus is equipped with wireless labs and separate departments.
- A central library with thousands of books and learning resources is built in the campus for students as well as faculty.
- High capacity 32 Mbps internet connectivity is found in every department of the Institute.
- An auditorium with a seating capacity of 4500 people is built in the campus area.
- Several conference halls and discussion rooms have been prepared for the faculty meetings and so on.
- A fully air-conditioned Computer Centre with hundreds of computer systems is available for the students.
The Career Development Centre at the SRM Institute of Science and Technology prepares the students to prepare themselves for their careers. The mission of the CDC(Career Development Centre) is to create opportunities for the students to judge their potential as well as to adopt innovative methods to accomplish their goal. Students also learn communication, employability and problem solving skills hence making their unique identity to stand out of the world. Technical and soft skills are taught to the upcoming professionals in every field.
|Highest Placement||41.6 LPA|
|Average Placement||7 LPA|
More than 600 companies visit the campus every year to give great opportunities to the students.
- Aruba Networks
- GE Digital & Power Conversion
RANKING & ACCREDITATION
- Got A++ grade by NAAC.
- Ranking at 34 in Engineering in India.
- Categorized by MHRD in Category A.
- Accredited by The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).