Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore was established in 1918 for the purpose of training dedicated individuals to administer, administer, and provide medical care in the spirit of Christ through mission hospitals. It was regulated by the “Christian Medical College Vellore Association” which is a registered society of around 50 different Christian Churches across India and Christian organizations.
The Christian Medical College Vellore (CMC) is ranked amongst the topmost medical colleges in India. The university is permanently affiliated with The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai. It offers several UG, PG and diploma courses focused on the areas of Medicine, Surgery and Nursing. Admission to CMC Vellore 2019 is through the entrance exam followed by a round of interviews. The university also accepts the NEET score for admission to the M.B.B.S. Program.
Due to its vivid education curriculum and trained physicians and academics, it has achieved many milestones since its inception. Some of them are:
- Establishing first College of Nursing in India-1946
- First reconstructive surgery for leprosy in the world – 1948
- Performing the first successful open heart surgery in India – 1961
- Performing the first kidney transplant in India – 1971
- Performing first bone marrow transplantation – 1986
- First successful ABO-incompatible kidney transplant in India – 2009
Page of Content:
Facts & Figures:
|Location||Vellore, Tamil Nadu|
|Campus Area||200 acre|
|Ranking||Ranked 1st in Medical|
|Also Known as||CMC Vellore|
|Affiliated by||Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam University|
|Course Duration(MBBS)||4 yrs + (1 year internship)|
|Popular Courses||MBBS/B.Sc/M.Sc/Nursing or more|
Mode of Admission:
- Admission to MBBS course is based on the valid score in NEET UG followed by counselling adopted by Central and State committees
- For BSc, BOT, BPT courses admission will be based on the score in Computer Based Test followed by an interview
- Candidate should have completed the age of 17 years on or before December 31 of the academic year
- Participate in Tamil Nadu State Counseling 2021 (after NEET Result Out)
- There is no direct mode of Admission for MBBS.
Admisson Time Table of CMC Vellore: 2021
Application form fees :- 1300/-
|Online application start date||27th April 2021|
|Last Date for submission of online applications with payment||15th June 2021|
|Last Date for submission of supporting documents (where applicable) Email attachmentsaccepted||22nd June 2021|
|Last date for receipt of certification forms from Minority Network organisations||6th July 2021|
MBBS applicants have to submit at our website, their (a) NEET (UG)-2021 marks, All India rank and roll number and their(b) ARNo and rank of TN Management quota rank list 2021 for MBBS admission in self-financing medical colleges
|Online submission of NEET (UG)-2021 score||To be announced (only for MBBS applicants$)|
|Online submission of ARNo& Rank of TN Management quota 2021||To be announced (only for MBBS applicants$)|
|Counseling by Tamil Nadu Selection committee, DME,Chennai||To be announced (only for MBBS applicants$)|
Please keep checking their website https://admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in/ for updates regarding the selection processes & schedule for MBBS admissions. All candidates applying to CMC Vellore for MBBS also have to apply to the Tamil Nadu Selection Committee for the counselling process in the category of Management quota seats in Self-financing Medical Colleges of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates must have passed (10+2) Examination.
- All candidates should have “obtained a minimum 50% in the Undergraduate NEET 2021 examination. 40% for SC/ST candidates).
- As per TN Government and University guidelines, a candidate for admission to the medical course “must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany and Zoology taken together)/Bio-technology at the qualifying exam” (40% aggregate for BC, MBC, SC/ST candidates).
CMC Vellore Cutoff and Seat Matrix:
16 open seats (1 Central pool scheme, Govt of India & 3 SC/ST) Minority network this seat is reserved by christian minority (because of that church is sponsored this college)
|CMC Vellore Staff Quota||10||516|
|01||1st Year (Admission Year) MBBS||Rs. 50,330/-|
|02||2nd, 3rd, 4th Year||Rs. 31,000/-|
|03||Mess Fee (Monthly)||Rs. 6,000/- (for boys & girls)|
- Hostel Fee MBBS One time Mess Deposit: Men: Rs. 10000/-
- One time Mess Deposit: Women: Rs. 8000/-
- AHS Degree Courses One time Mess deposit: Rs. 8000/-
- Hostel Annual Fee: Rs. 14500/-
- The above fees are in addition to the University Examination Fees.
Life on Campus-
The majority of students live in the hostels (MBBS and BSc Nursing programmes are fully residential; others allow day scholars). The Bagayam campus has the Women’s and Men’s Hostels for MBBS students, the Fitch Hostel for Allied Health women students, the Dorothy Joske Hostel for Allied Health men students and the Modale International Hostel for elective / visitor-observer students from overseas.
The activities, organized by the Students’ Association with elected governing bodies, range from social service to sports and games to music, cultural events and religious activities. An intercollegiate festival called Pegasus is organized every year, in July, with participation by students from various colleges across the country.
The hostel has been modified over the years to suit the needs of modernity; however, it still exudes a warm and friendly ambiance. The Women’s Hostel is run by the Women’s Hostel Association.